Living as Leaders started in spring 2018, and the program aims to develop the leadership capacity in youth through creating a foundational understanding of leadership and increasing each youth’s knowledge of common life skills. The program is implemented in partnership with LIFE Mentoring.
Dates: February 27, March 27, April 24, and May 22 from 9:30am – 11:00am
Registration Deadline: February 25, 2021
What is new this spring 2021?
The spring 2021 sessions are a continuation of the fall sessions, but new youth can join. Each week, girls will learn and be given an activity to complete before the following meeting. Then, we will have an end of year celebration in May.
Our learning objectives for the program include the following:
- To gain an understanding of leadership concepts
- To demonstrate leadership with life skills
- To practice decision-making and conflict resolution
- To better communication skills and practice social skills
Who can participate?
- The current program is structured for girls in grades 3 – 8. Girls are typically split into a group for 3-5 grades and another for 6-8 grades.
- Since the program is offered virtually this academic year, girls outside of Bowling Green and Kentucky can register.
How much does the program cost?
There is no cost to participants during spring 2021. Parents/guardians will be responsible for supplies.
What supplies are needed?
Each participant will need supplies such as a journal, writing tool, scissors, and glue. Other supplies will be communicated in advance.
Do youth need to attend each Saturday?
We encourage parents and families of young leaders to bring youth each Saturday because the content builds off lessons from the previous month. We find that the youth make positive connections with other youth that are enhanced each time they meet. With that being said, we understand that sometimes youth will have to miss a Saturday.
Individuals who are interested in donating to For a Real Change or restricting donations to Living as Leaders can visit our Donate page.